- SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine (3 types, 9 Tone variations, 30 Live Sets), E.Piano based on SuperNATURAL technology (3 types, 12 Tone variations, 30 Live Sets)
- Hundreds of other sounds including 10 Virtual Tone Wheel Organs built in
- Storage for 100 Live Sets (combinations of layers, zones, effects, and various tone parameters)
- Deluxe PHA III Ivory Feel Keyboard with Escapement
- Innovative Sound Focus feature ensures that every note will be heard in the mix, even subtle pianissimo passages, without compressing or coloring the sound
- Extensive multi-effects processing options
- Instant access to standard piano and EP sounds via One Touch Piano buttons
- Master MIDI control features plus four MIDI ports (MIDI IN, MIDI OUT x 2, MIDI OUT/THRU)
- Balanced XLR outputs; USB ports for data storage and audio-play functionality
The Ultimate Stage Piano Evolves!
The RD-NX Editor for the Roland’s RD-700NX and RD-300NX lets you select your favorite Live Set sound easily, and edit your tone layers visually.
Please note: Roland’s RD-700NX or RD-300NX with system program Version 2.0 is required to use this app. System program version 2.0 is available as a free download. Sound generator not included.
- Instant selection of favorite Live Sets and intuitive Live Set editing
- The RD-NX Editor can be used wirelessly with Roland’s WNA1100-RL USB adapter (sold separately); you can also connect an iPad* to your RD-700NX/-300NX using Apple’s iPad Camera Connection kit via USB.
- Compatible with 50 new synth-oriented Live Sets
GW-8: Workstation Synth.
The GW-8 is the next generation of Roland’s unique GW-Series workstations with intelligent backing-track functionality. With its fresh, contemporary sound-set and expressive interactive musical styles from pop to rock, plus authentic ethnic styles and a multi-format USB Memory Player feature, the GW-8 will bring a world of music to your fingertips. It’s especially well-suited for “one-man-band” performance.
- Contemporary music workstation with high-quality 128-voice sound engine derived from Roland’s renowned Fantom-X Series
- Wide variety of contemporary sounds and interactive backing styles with special focus on Latin American genres, plus additional banks of ethnic sounds and styles from around the world
- Onboard 16-track sequencer for saving your interactive performances
- USB Memory Player feature allows direct playback of MP3, .WAV, AIFF and SMF files from USB key; Center Cancel feature for audio files enables karaoke-style sing-along
- Newly-designed graphical display, plus Style Select button, Analog Modify knob and D BEAM
- Style Converter and Playlist Editor software included
Flagship Sound Engine with Easy User Interface
With Roland’s world-leading sound technology at its core, the GW-8 rivals any workstation on the planet with its rich, expressive sound. The GW-8 comes loaded with hundreds of the freshest and most essential sounds taken from Roland’s top workstations. In addition to its authentic sound set, the GW-8 is equipped with many user-friendly controls, such as the expressive D BEAM and the Analog Modify knob, which allows instant adjustments of sounds to suit your taste. The GW-8 is perfect for live entertainers who play multiple roles in their performances.
Intelligent Backing Styles
The GW-8 is packed with a huge collection of styles representing a broad range of music genres, from contemporary rock, pop, dance, jazz and beyond. In addition to the excellent library of contemporary sounds and styles, the GW-8 is equipped with ethnic instrument sounds and authentic regional musical styles, with special focus on Latin American genres. Each backing style has four intros, four main patterns, and four ending progressions for you to craft your own arrangements live.
USB Memory Player Feature
One of Roland’s most popular new features is built into the GW-8: the multi-format Song Player that allows song data to be played directly from USB Flash memory (accepts MP3, .WAV, AIFF and SMF format). In addition, the GW-8’s Center Cancel function can minimize main vocals from pre-recorded songs, great for karaoke-style performances or music practice.
Style Converter & Playlist Editor
Bundled with each GW-8 is Roland’s Style Converter software for PC, which lets you create and convert your own MIDI data into GW-8 backing styles and install them via commercially available USB Flash memory devices. Also included is the Playlist Editor for customizing the order of songs. Users can easily create a dedicated Playlist for each gig.